‘Angels’ found after house fire

Picture: Facebook

Quick thinking neighbours have possibly saved the lives of an Ocean Grove family involved in a house fire overnight.

Kate Grinter took to social media this morning to thank her neighbours who dialled triple 0 after the back of her house was engulfed in flames.

“We are hoping to find the couple that literally saved our families lives and home from a house fire early this morning along with other neighbours that put themselves at risk to make sure we were all safe,” she wrote.

“Their quick thinking and calling 000 not only saved our lives but all of our home. We are forever in your debt!”

The neighbours have since been identified and Kate said “they will be getting their hugs very soon. So very, very grateful.”

The blaze was started by a pot-belly stove.

“The pot belly fire was too close to the timber retaining wall so over time it has dried out the timber and last night’s fire set it alight slowly,” Kate said.

“I cannot put into words how grateful we are to have such amazing people in our community,” Kate wrote.

“I desperately want to thank the lady that held our babies and my hand whilst I was so distraught and in shock watching the back of our house burn away.”

 

Your first stop before buying a home. View the whole picture.